Bachelor of Commerce (BCom(H))
Bachelor of Commerce is a three year full time undergraduate course. The programme has been recently formulated by the university to meet the growing need of professionals in the finance and commerce sector. The novel and industry oriented design of the course make it an enriching experience for the students. The course welcomes students who have a keen interest in gaining insight into complexities of the market and what makes it click! The objective of the programme is to familiarize the students with the knowledge of Accounting, Economics, Taxation etc in addition to Management subjects.
TIPS offers the prestigious BCom(H) in affiliation with Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
The scheme and syllabus followed are strictly as per the format prescribed by the university. The BCom(H) programme is divided into five-six semesters. Each semester comprises of five theory subjects and one-two practicals subjects.
- 10+2 examination / senior school certificate examination of C.B.S.E. with pass in five subjects (One language and four elective subjects) or an examination recognized as equivalent to that.
- Pre-University Examination (Two years after ten years of schooling) of an Indian school / college.
- Intermediate Examination of an Indian University / Board or an Examination recognized as equivalent to that (Pass in Five written subjects).
- Indian School Certificate Examination (12 years) conducted by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi (Pass in Five written subjects).
- Examination of a foreign University / Board which is recognized as equivalent to 10+2 CBSE examination/or Indian university.
Students Intake : 2016 onwards
Admissions through CET
The admissions are carried out strictly on merit basis through a Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Dwarka. A candidate must have satisfied the above mentioned eligibility criteria and qualify CET-GGSIPU, then he/she can attend the counseling for further admission process in the institute.
Admissions through Management Quota
A candidate must have fulfilled the above mentioned eligibility criteria and obtained the required CET-GGSIPU Rank. The Institute conducts admission for 10% seats under management quota which is done on the basis of merit of qualifying examination and CET-GGSIPU Rank.
Each academic session of the course is divided into two semesters (August-December & January-May). In each semester examination and evaluation is carried out according to the scheme laid down by the University. Every paper is of 100 marks.
- Internal assessment contributes 25% of the total marks on the basis of written test, assignments, presentations, attendance etc.
- External assessment contributes 75% of the total marks which is being conducted by GGSIP University at the end of every semester.
- Passing criteria: A student must score minimum of 40% marks in each subject (Internal and External Assessment combined together)
- Regular industrial visits allow students to get an overall understanding of the functioning of the corporate sector.
- Knowledge enriched programmes and guest lectures by expert faculties and professionals from corporate sector are conducted to impart practical inputs to the students of the management department.
- Students are provided with a Wi-Fi enabled campus.
- Students have regular access to computer labs and given professional training of Tally 7.2 and 9.0 versions
- At the end of fourth semester, students undergo summer training and prepare a report on the same.
- In sixth semester, students need to submit an industry specific major project report as part of their syllabus.
- In sixth semester, a hands-on experience is given to the students through class room training programmes in crucial subjects like Financial Modelling.
- Students are given an opportunity to present their research work and ideas in the National Conference organized every year by the Institute.
- Students of B.Com (H) have been placed with multi-national companies like Google, South Indian Bank, Grasshoppers, Jaypee Greens, Yebhi.Com, Bajaj Capital, Naukri.Com, ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Co. Ltd, Navgraha Developers and many more in the recent past.
The fee structure for the course followed by the Institute is as prescribed by the State Level Fee Regulatory Committee. The fee is payable annually for the entire academic year in the beginning of the academic session.
The fee structure for the said programme is:
|Tuition Fee (per annum)||
|University Fees (per annum)||
|Amortization charges (per annum)||
|Security Deposit (Only in First Year - Refundable)||
|Student activity Fees (per annum)||
|Total fees||Rs. 91,890/-|