Bachelor of Arts in Journalism & Mass Comm. (B.A JMC)
Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication (BJMC) is a three year undergraduate multi-dimensional and a highly dynamic course. It aims to mould the complete personality of a student to suit the needs and requirements of a demanding industry. The course work is punctuated with periodic industry visits, live recording sessions, opportunities for shooting movies, news anchoring and presentation. The Institute takes pride in its state–of–the–art infrastructure that is unique and unparalleled.
All programmes are affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. The scheme and syllabus followed are strictly as per the format prescribed by the University. The BJMC programme is divided into six semesters. Each semester comprises of practical and theoritical subjects, so the student is familiar with both the aspect of the course.
Student applying for the course should have cleared the 12th class board examinations with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and should have passed in English (Core, Elective or Functional) as a subject.
The admissions are carried out strictly on merit basis through a Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University(GGSIPU), Dwarka. A candidate should satisfy the above mentioned eligibility criteria and qualify CET-GGSIPU to attend the counselling for further admission process in the institute.
A candidate should satisfy the above mentioned eligibility criteria and obtain CET-GGSIPU Rank. The Institute conducts admission for 10% seats under management quota which is done on the basis of merit of qualifying examination and CET-GGSIPU Rank.
Each academic session of the course is divided into two semesters (August-December & January-May). In each semester examination and evaluation is carried out according to the scheme laid down by the University. Every paper is of 100 marks.
- Internal assessment contributes 25% of the total marks on the basis of written test, assignments, presentations, attendance etc.
- External assessment contributes 75% of the total marks which is being conducted by GGSIP university at the end of every semester.
- Passing criteria: A student must score minimum of 40% marks in each subject (Internal and External Assessment combined together)
- Regular industrial visits to let the students get a feel of industry environment
- At the end of Second semester, students need to go through summer training in print media and prepare a brief report.
- At the end of Fourth semester students undergo functional exposure in electronic media and submit a project report on the same.
- Students are provided with the best equipments for their project work like Apple Imac computers, tripods, DSLR cameras and lights by the institute
- Experimental based learning is promoted by the institute through mock activities like conferences, interviews, seminars, campaigns, radio & television programmes etc.
- BJMC students have been placed in well known companies like Radio Mirchi, HT City, News Nation, Radio City and CNBC Awaaz in the recent years.
- Students are given an opportunity to present their research papers and innovative ideas in National Conference organised by the institute every year.
- Knowledge enriched programs and guest lectures by professionals & experts from media industry are organised to impart practical knowledge to the students
- Students are provided with Wi-Fi facility in the campus.
The fee structure for the course followed by the Institute is as prescribed by the State Level Fee Regulatory Committee. The fee is payable annually for the entire academic year in the beginning of the academic session.
The fee structure for the BJMC course is -
|Tuition Fee (per annum)||Rs 73,300/-|
|University Fee (per annum)||Rs 12,000/-|
|Amortization charges (per annum)||Rs 4,090/-|
|Security Deposit (Only in First Year - Refundable)||Rs 5000/-|
|Student activity Fee (per annum)||Rs 1,000/-|
|Total fees||Rs. 95,390/-|