Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
Bachelor of Computer Applications is a full time three year undergraduate course that equips the students with necessary skills and technological know–how of the current trends in Information Technology industry. The course work gives the students ample of opportunity to learn programming languages, coding techniques and concepts at a systematic pace. At the end of the three year course, the students are quickly absorbed by top brands in the industry like TCS, Infosys etc.
All programmes are affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University. The scheme and syllabus followed are strictly as per the format prescribed by the university. The BCA programme is divided into six semesters. Each semester comprises of five theory subjects and three practical subjects.
- Pass in 12th Class of 10+2 of CBSE or equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate*
- Pass in English (core or elective or functional) and Mathematics or Computer Science / Information Practice or
Computer Application / Multimedia and Web Technology / Data Management application and Web Application
- Three year Diploma in a branch of Engineering from a polytechnic duly approved by All India Council for
Technical Education and affiliated to a recognized examining body with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
The admissions are carried out strictly on merit basis through a Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Dwarka. A candidate must have satisfied the above mentioned eligibility criteria. If he/she qualifies CET-GGSIPU, then he/she can attend the counselling process for further admission in the institute.
A candidate must have satisfied above mentioned eligibility criteria and obtain CET-GGSIPU Rank. The Institute conducts admission for 10% seats under management quota which is done on the basis of merit of qualifying examination and CET-GGSIPU Rank.
Each academic session of the course is divided into two semesters (August-December & January-May). In each semester, examination and evaluation is carried out according to the scheme laid down by the University. Every paper is of 100 marks.
- Internal assessment contributes 25% of the total marks on the basis of written test, assignments, presentations, attendance etc.
- External assessment contributes 75% of the total marks which is conducted by GGSIP University at the end of every semester.
- Passing criteria: A student must score minimum of 40% marks in each subject (Internal and External Assessment combined together)
- Regular mock tests and personality development programs are organised by the institute to prepare the students for the industry.
- As a part of the curriculum, students undertake summer internship at the end of the fourth semester
- Campus has wi-fi facility.
- Students are provided with the updated versions of the software like Oracle, SQL server, Netbeans, Red hat Linux etc.
- Experience based learning is encouraged by the institute through activities like conferences, interviews, seminars, IT quiz etc.
- Students have been placed in renowned companies like Wipro, Infotech, TCS, HCL technologies, Accenture, Infosys and other similar brands.
- Students are given an opportunity to present their research papers and innovative ideas in National Conference organised by the institute every year.
- Knowledge enriched programs and guest lectures by Professionals & Experts from the Industry are organised to give practical knowledge to the students.
The fee structure for the course followed by the Institute is as prescribed by the State Level Fee Regulatory Committee. The fee is payable annually for the entire academic year in the beginning of the academic session.
|Tuition Fee (per annum)||Rs. 72,000/-|
|University Fees (per annum)||Rs. 12,000/-|
|Amortization charges (per annum)||Rs. 4,090/-|
|Security Deposit (Only in First Year-Refundable)||Rs. 5,000/-|
|Student activity Fees (per annum)||Rs. 1,000/-|
|Total fees||Rs. 94,090/-|