Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com (H))
Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com (H))
Trinity Institute of Professional Studies, the best B.Com Hons College in Delhi NCR, offers Bachelor of Commerce (Honors), a three year undergraduate programme for the students interested in commerce and management. B. Com (Hons.) at the best GGSIPU college in Delhi, is one of the most suitable courses for the students who have an inclination towards the commerce, business and finance sector. The emphasis on quality and excellence has made Trinity Dwarka, the Top 10 B.Com Honors GGSIPU College in Delhi. The practical and industry oriented approach of the course enables an individual to get well versed with different aspects of the field. The extensive knowledge provided through the designed course proves beneficial for the ones aiming to gain proficiency in Accounts, Economics, Finance, Taxation and much more. Regular industrial visits makes TIPS the best college for B. Com (Hons) in Delhi as it allows students to get an overall understanding of the functioning of the corporate sector, Knowledge enriched programmes and guest lectures by expert faculties and professionals from the corporate sector are conducted to impart practical inputs to the students of the management department.
Moreover, students undergo summer training and prepare a report on the same and they also submit an industry specific major project report as part of their syllabus. A hands-on experience is given to the students through class room training programmes in crucial subjects like Financial Modelling, management games and role play activities. TIPS is one of the top GGSIPU B. Com (H) Colleges in Delhi Ncr. Students of B. Com (H) have been placed with multi-national companies like Byju’s, Vedantu, British Telecom, PNB Metlife, Convergys, Wipro, Amazon, IDBI, Genpact, HDFC, Kotak, India Mart, Suzuki and Max Life, Concentrix, Alight Solutions, and many more in the recent past
The Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) Program has following five Program Educational objectives (PEOs):
- PEO1: TAims to develop students into professionals who would be highly competent, skilled and capable of handling any challenges that come their way in professional life.
- PEO2: To develop competencies in students so that they are able to apply the knowledge gained to take good business decisions and solve business problems.
- PEO3: To make students aware of the ethical, moral and social aspects of business so that they can become socially responsible business managers.
- PEO4: To equip students with excellent communication and presentation skills that would help them to work effectively in the industry and business domains.
- PEO5: To equip student with attributes like team work, leadership, managerial skills etc. so that they can become valuable assets for their organisations.
- Bachelor of Commerce (Hons.) programme offered by the Institute will facilitate the students to have the following advantages in their career to:
- PO1: Acquire basic knowledge of accounting aspects of business along with other related aspects of commerce and management in the business environment.
- PO2: Have thorough understanding of fundamental concepts, theories, tools and techniques in all the subjects related to Commerce, which will help in evaluating financial documents and making better decisions as a manager.
- PO3: Develop ethical responsibilities and consciousness in financial reporting as financial executives.
- PO4: Develop behavioral as well as managerial acumen for their holistic development.
- PO5: Identify opportunities, design and implement innovative strategies for achieving financial efficiency of the business organization.
- PO6: Contribute to the talent pool of qualified financial practioners by acquiring quality education in the field of trade and Commerce and thus facilitating economic development and nation building.
- PSO1: Knowledge of Financial Management: The acquaintance of fundamentals of Financial Management are helpful in grooming and developing a team of future business executives, professionals and entrepreneurs.
- PSO2: Pragmatic approach: The practical knowledge of various aspects of finance for business, like Accountancy, Financing, costing and economics etc. are helpful in honing an application-centric approach towards business amongst students.
- PSO3: Logical & Scientific perspective: The subjects like Mathematics and Statistics strengthen the logical reasoning of students. On the one hand, Business research facilitates problem identification and analysis for financial market research; on the other, Financial Management figures out practical problems in financial domain, which ultimately helps in financial strategy formulation in business. The comprehension of all these aspects builds a broader outlook of young Accounting Professionals.
- PSO4: Holistic personality Grooming: Communication and presentation skills are developed in the subjects like Business Communication, whereas technical skills are enhanced in IT and other practical classes to make holistic personality development.
- PSO5: Employability and self-employment: Gaining rudimentary knowledge about the business after completion of this course, students have many options with them. They may go for pursuing higher studies, get a job or start their own business venture; thus, may become a job-provider as well.
- PSO6: Ethically upright future citizens: Through various subjects and personal mentoring sessions on legal, social and ethical issues in business the students of this course are made aware about the traits of a responsible citizen and Entrepreneur.
The department boosts of a student strength of around 1800 students and a team of highly qualified and trained faculty members with the mix of industry and academia experience. Structured in a way that promotes de-centralization thereby facilitating swift decision making for student welfare. All faculty members of the department meet the University norms of qualification (Ph.D. and NET qualified) and have been hand-picked to groom the students with passion.The curriculum prescribed by GGSIPU for the degree programs includes live Projects, Summer Internships and Dissertation to enable the students to have exposure to real life business problems and hands-on experience for most jobs. Regular industrial visits allow students to get an overall understanding of the functioning of the corporate sector. Guest lectures and interactive sessions by expert faculties and professionals from corporate sector are organized regularly to impart practical inputs to the students of the management department.
- Management games and role play activities are conducted on a regular basis for overall grooming of students.
- Students have regular access to computer labs and given professional training of Tally 7.2 and 9.0 versions
- At the end of fourth semester, students undergo summer training, after completion of which they compile the Summer Training Report.
- B.Com sixth semester students submit an industry specific major project report as part of their syllabus.
- B.Com sixth semester students are exposed to hands-on experience is given to the students through class room training programmes in crucial subjects like Financial Modelling.
50% in aggregate in 10+2 examination / senior school certificate examination of C.B.S.E . as minimum marks for admission to B.Com with pass in five subjects (One language and four elective subjects) or an examination recognized as equivalent to that. (i) Pre-University Examination (Two years after ten years of schooling) of an Indian school / college.
Intermediate Examination of an Indian University / Board or an Examination recognized as equivalent to that (Pass in Five written subjects) (ii) Indian School Certificate Examination (12 years) conducted by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination, New Delhi (Pass in Five written subjects). (iii) Examination of a foreign University / Board which is recognized as equivalent to 10+2 CBSE examination/or Indian university.
The intake is 40 students for first and second shifts each.
A candidate must have satisfied above mentioned eligibility criteria and obtain CET-GGSIPU Rank. The best B.COM (H) Institute in West Delhi Dwarka, conducts IPU admission 2023 for 10% seats under management quota which is done on the basis of merit of qualifying examination and CET-GGSIPU Rank.
Each academic session of the course is divided into two semesters (August-December & January-May). In each semester, examination and evaluation is carried out according to the scheme laid down by the University. Every paper is of 100 marks.
- Internal assessment contributes 25% of the total marks on the basis of written test, assignments, presentations, attendance etc
- External assessment contributes 75% of the total marks which is conducted by GGSIP University at the end of every semester.
- Passing criteria: A student must score minimum of 40% marks in each subject (Internal and External Assessment combined together)