Frequently asked question (FAQ's)
How to apply for Admissions in GGSIP University?
Candidate who is eligible as per eligibility criteria of GGSIP University can apply for various courses through Online Application which are of 2 types
- Online Application through Common Entrance Test (CET)/Common University Entrance Test(CUET)- CET/CUET based courses are BBA (G), B.COM (H), BCA and BA (JMC) etc.
- Online Application through Common Law Admission Test. CLAT based course is BA LLB(H).
Which National Test is accepted by GGSIP University for BA (LLB) and B.Tech?
All aspirants of BA LLB(H) can appear in Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) conducted by Consortium of National Law University (NLU).
What is the process of GGSIPU Online Application?
Online Application of GGSIPU contains following steps:
- Fill Application Form
- Upload Documents
- Pay Application Fee
Candidates will receive an application sequence number, user ID and password for future logins and a link to the application form to proceed with further steps. Candidates will also get the information through SMS/e-mail from GGSIPU on their registered Mobile No. and email ID.
What are the Registration Charges in GGSIP University?
All candidates looking for admission in CET based programmes or National level test based programmes have to register themselves with Rs1200/- on ipuadmissions.nic.in.
What are the documents required to apply for admission to GGSIP University?
Ans. All Applicants need to be ready with the following documents to apply for admission in GGSIPU.
- Xth Certificate PDF Format
- XIIth Marksheet PDF Format
- Passport Size Photo with White Background
- Exam Scorecard (In National Level Test category)
- Category Certificate (If any)
- Aadhar Card
- Scanned Signature
- Cancelled Cheque
Can I apply for more than one course?
Ans. Applicants can apply in multiple Courses but they need to fill a separate online application form for all courses and also need to appear in separate CET/CLAT of applied courses conducted by respective examination bodies.
What are the major steps of online Admissions of GGSIPU?
The major steps of GGSIPU Admission Procedure includes
- Online Registration in GGSIPU
- Appear in Entrance exam CET/National Level Test
- Qualify exam with Valid Rank.
- Registration for Online Counselling in GGSIPU
- Documents Verification for Reserve Category Online.
- Choice Filling
- College Allocation
- Payment of Part Academic Fee (Usually 40000/-)
- Submit willingness to Freeze (If Satisfied with College) or Float (If not satisfied and want to Participate in further rounds of counselling.
- Physical Reporting of Candidate to the Final allotted college along with hard copy of all documents
- Submission of Balance Fee to the allotted college.
- Provisionally admitted. (Till the issuance of Enrollment No. from GGSIPU)
Is it necessary to register for counselling in GGSIPU with Rs 1000/-when I have already registered with Rs 1200/- with GGSIPU?
Yes, all the applicants after securing a valid rank in CET/National Level Test have to register themselves for Online Counselling with Rs 1000/- on ipuadmissions.nic.in.
What happens in the Online Counselling of GGSIPU?
This is the step by step process where multiple rounds of counselling conducted by GGSIPU (Usually 4-6 rounds) in online mode and College is allotted to the applicants purely on the basis of
- Rank secured
- Choices filled by the applicant
- Region (Delhi/Outside Delhi)
- Category (As per reservation category rules of GGSIPU)
How many Choices I Should fill in online Counselling?
Ans. List of colleges are given as the option of choice in Portal and applicants can fill all the available choices in the order of their preference. It is always suggested to include more choices in the interest of the applicants.
Can I modify my choices after filling it?
Ans. Yes , anyone can modify their choices within stipulated time period as per schedule of GGSIPU Online Counselling but once you have selected Lock Choice then no modification can be done until university reopen it in further rounds of counselling.
I have been allocated a college in 1st round of Counselling but I don’t want admission in that college. Then why should I pay a part academic fee of Rs 40000/-?
Ans.Once You have been allocated any college very first time whether it is 1st round or any other round it is compulsory to pay part academic fee of Rs 40000/- to remain in the counselling system and If you don’t want admission in current allotment then you can go for further rounds for upgradation of college through Float option of Willingness submission after payment of part academic fee.
To whom should I Pay part academic fee of Rs 40000/- and what is the mode of payment?
Ans. Part academic Fee is always paid to Registrar GGSIPU. Applicants can log in on ipuadmissions.nic.in through their credentials and make payment only in online mode by using Debit Card/Credit Card/Internet Banking.
I forgot to pay Part academic fee due to which now I am not in the system of Online Counselling. Will I get another chance to participate for admission?
Ans. If due to any mistake you are out of the online Counselling system but you are eligible as per eligibility criteria then one more chance to participate will be offered in SPOT Round of Counselling if any seat remains vacant after physical reporting of the students.
What is the reservation criteria for Delhi & outside Delhi Region candidates?
Ans. In GGSIPU Admissions 85% seats are reserved for Delhi region candidates and only 15% seats are for Outside Delhi candidates. As per GGSIPU, Region is decided on the basis of your school address not your residential address. For example if you are residing in Gurugram but studying in New Delhi then you will be considered as Delhi Region candidate and If you are residing in New Delhi but attended school in Noida then you will be treated as Outside Delhi Region candidate.
Which type of conversion is being done in the Sliding Round of Counselling?
Ans. In Sliding Round Counselling the seats (region-wise) and category wise shall be converted to unreserved category after doing seat allotment of the reserved category.
Who can participate in the SPOT Round of Counselling?
Ans. All Eligible students as per eligibility criteria can participate in SPOT Round of Counselling. All below mentioned categories will be allowed to participate in the SPOT round of counselling of GGSIPU.
- Not Registered with Rs 1200/-
- Not Registered for Online Counselling of Rs 1000/-
- Not Paid Part Academic fee
- Allocated College and Freezed
- Allocated College and Floated
- Not allocated any college.
- Allocated College but not reported physically.
- Allocated College and reported physically.
- Applied for admission withdrawal
Can I try in SPOT Round for change of college without losing my current seat and are there any additional charges for the same?
Ans. Yes, you can try for change of college without losing your current seat in the SPOT round of counselling. 5000/- will be additional charge of GGSIPU for change of college.
Is there any Offline Rounds of Counselling after SPOT Round?
Ans. If any seat remain vacant after SPOT Round of Counselling then it is completely on the discretion of GGSIPU to conduct Offline Counselling. It is not mandatory to hold this round of Counselling.
Is Trinity Institute of Professional Studies (TIPS) approved from statutory bodies?
Yes, Trinity Institute of Professional Studies is NAAC accredited an affiliated college of GGSIP University, established in year 2007. It is also approved by Bar Council of India (BCI), Ministry of Education, and Govt. of India. It is an A+ ranked institution by SFRC.
Trinity Institute of Professional Studies (TIPS) is affiliated to which university? What are the various courses offered by Trinity Institute of Professional Studies (TIPS)?
Trinity Institute of Professional Studies offers undergraduate three years courses/programs in different disciplines including BBA, BCA, B.Com, BA JMC, besides BA LLB(H), which is a 5 year program.
What is the intake of all the courses?
The college has an intake of BBA (G)-240, BCA-120, BA (JMC)-120, BA LLB(H)-60, & BCOM (H)-80 students
How many batches have qualified till now?
More than 12 batches of BCA, BBA (G) & BA JMC have successfully completed. While 6 batches have passed out of B.Com (H) course.
What is the admission process of GGSIPU?
For admission to any course in the college, the student must appear & qualify the CET/CLAT examinations.
Candidates are advised to keep the original admit card of CET in safe custody as it will have to be submitted in the institution at the time of admission.
What is the eligibility criteria?
The eligibility criterions for admission to all courses are as under –
- . BCOM (H) 50% in aggregate in 10+2 examination of CBSE with pass in 5 subjects (One Language and 4 elective subject).or an examination recognized as equivalent to that.
- BBA (G) 50% marks in 10+2 examination of CBSE in aggregate (4 subjects) and must also have passed English (core or elective or functional) as a subject.
- BCA 50% marks in 10+2 examination of CBSE (4 subjects) with pass in English (core Elective or functional) as a subject. Mathematics or Computer Science/ Informatics Practice/ Computer Application/ Multimedia and Web Technology/ Data Management Application/ Web Application as a compulsory subject.
- % marks in (best of 4 subjects) 5 in 10+2 examination of CBSE with English (core elective or functional) as a subject.
- BA LLB 50% marks in (best of 4 subjects) 5 in 10+2 examination of CBSE with English (core elective or functional) as a subject. Admission in Law Program in 2020 is through CLAT However, 50% marks in 10+2 are mandatory for admission.
What is the Fee Structure?
The fee of the courses being conducted in the college is determined by the State Fee Regulatory Committee, Govt. of NCT of Delhi and GGSIPU. For further fee details visit https://tips.edu.in/fee-structure
Do we have scholarships schemes?
Yes, various scholarship schemes are in place for meritorious students/EWS/ Sports, etc. for details visit https://tips.edu.in/scholarships
How much time will I get to deposit the balance fees?
2-5 days after declaration of results.
What is the minimum fee payment to reserve a seat & remain in the counselling process?
University fee of Rs. 40000 can be paid to remain in the counselling process. The details of the payment for fees refer to the university website (admission process).
Does the institute provide help with education loans?
Yes, the institute provides the relevant document required from the institute’s side for the Education Loan.
Do we have seats under Management Quota?
Yes, 10% seats in each course are reserved under Management Quota for which CET & CLAT rank is mandatory.
Which Documents Are Required for Admission?
The following documents are required for admission:
- Original Admit Card of CET.
- Self-attested photo copy of Matriculation examination, 10+2 examination
- Original Medical Certificate from MBBS Doctor.
- Original Character Certificate from the school last attended or from a Gazetted Officer if there is a gap in studies.
- Original Provisional of 10+2.
- Original Migration Certificate, if 10+2 examinations passed from a board other than CBSE.
- Anti-Ragging Affidavit by student and parents.
- Undertaking for Provisional Admission in case of result awaited or compartment in 10+2 examination.
- The specimen copies of medical certificate, anti-ragging affidavit, provisional admission undertaking for provisional admission can be downloaded from www.ipu.ac.in under the link admission brochure appendix B.
Have we started following National Education Policy?
Yes, we are following National Education Policy as per the guidelines by the government.
Why should you opt for TIPS?
The institute has internal quality assurance cell (IQAC) to monitor, provide and plan quality education for the students and adopts various innovative techniques as per the needs of industry/ organization.
- Trinity Institute of Professional Studies (TIPS), Dwarka is a premier educational institute located at a stone’s throw away distance from Sector 10 Metro Station, Dwarka (opposite pillar no. 1160).
- Infrastructure: The College is housed in a building comprising basement, ground + 8 floors. The campus is Wi-Fi enabled, 100% power backup, secure campus, centrally air-conditioned, it has provision of 2 lifts and a ramp has been provided for the benefits of the physically challenged students. TIPS takes pride in its state-of-the-art infrastructure that includes 3 well- equipped computer labs, library, Moot court, Audio-Video Studio, Recreational Rooms, Cafeteria, Post-Production Lab, etc.
- Student Centric Learning: The teaching learning process is focused to cater the diverse needs of the students for better academic performance and overall grooming.
- Latest Teaching Pedagogy is adopted: To improve the quality of education and placements of the students, latest teaching pedagogies are adopted with ICT enabled tools and techniques.
- Eminent Lecture Series: This initiative by TIPS, Dwarka has been taken to ensure that our students are exposed to best minds in the industry. Under the aegis of Eminent Lecture Series, all departments of the institute organize interactions of students with renowned professionals in their fields.
- Placement Cell: At TIPS, there is a dedicated Training and Placement Cell headed by an experienced Training and Placement Officer (TPO). This office caters to provision of ample internship and placement opportunities for our final year students of all programs. These efforts of the Cell have resulted into quality placements in companies like Accenture, Wipro, HCL, TCS, InfoTech, Infosys etc.
- Alumni Meet: All the former students are invited to get together and cherish their past memories. This involves the interaction of former student with the current batches. This gives the fresh buds the idea of all the available avenues for them.
- Value Added Courses: At TIPS we offer our students multiple opportunities to gain skill sets that will enable them to have an edge over graduates from other institutes and universities. For the purpose, reputed institutions like DUCAT, Salesforce, ICT Academy, Oracle, IMS conduct classes in the campus that students can attend and secure additional certificates for courses like Digital Marketing, Financial Modeling etc.
- Support for higher education: At Trinity Institute of Professional Studies (TIPS), we firmly belief that “Education is the key to success”. Therefore, we encourage our students to pursue their Higher education, nationally or internationally. On regular basis we provide guidance and also organize classes by professional institutions like IMS, TIMES, etc. to prepare the interested students for competitive examinations like CAT, IELS, G-MAT, etc.
- Personality Development Session: To enhance their communication skills, ‘Spoken English and communication skill enhancement course has also been provided. Moreover, life skills sessions, counseling sessions, alumni interactions, skill enhancement workshops, industry visits are organized at regular intervals to foster transformative learning.
- Research Orientation & involvement in Live Projects- Students are part of research team and live projects. They are encouraged to innovate and contribute to research in the form of papers in national/international conferences/ journals. The students are also encouraged to be involved in research projects under the guidance of institute/ industry expert.
- Industry Exposure: Rich industry exposure is given to the students as we are collaborated with many prestigious bodies like- Oracle, AWSEducate, ICT Academy, T-Series, DUCAT, DLSA (Delhi State Legal Authority), etc.
- Strong Alumni Network- TIPS has a strong alumni network, which is regularly interacting and guiding the current batch students by making them acquainted with the industry requirements. Alumni’s are providing corporate mentorship to the mentees allocated and assigned to them.
Can we get support and guidance to be an entrepreneur?
YYes, the institute has Institutions’s Innovation Council (IIC) an initiative by MoE, Govt. of India to foster entrepreneurial spirit amongst the students.
Which companies visit TIPS for placements & internships
- BBA & B.com
- Concentrix, Alight Solutions, Convergys, Global Arcus, Vertical Recruiters, Jindal Intellicom, Amazon, Itenic Technologies, Genpact, BT, Wipro, IBM, People Sout, Nestkeys, Itenic Technologies
- Infosys, Capgemini, Delloite, Concentrix, TCS, Wipro, IBM, Convergys
- BA (JMC)
- Cheil, Perfect Solutions, Times of India, Teleperformance, Max Holidays India Pvt. Ltd., WedMeGOOD, Aviation World, PR Professionals
- • Legal Utility, Academic Bridge, VMate (Alibaba Group), Success Mantra, Cognizant, Internshala, Kotak Bank Ltd., Reliance Jio, American Express, Sher Singh and Associates, Capgemini, One Digital, Concept Research Media Tech and Info Solutions Pvt., Kotak Mahindra Bank, Decathlon, Shiksha, Times of India, HII Insurance Broking Services Pvt. Ltd., Cognizant, Convergys, IBM India, UAS International, Country Garden, Deloitte, BT, Embassy of Greece, any many more
Does the institute have Metro Rail connectivity?
Yes, the nearest Metro Station is Sector-10, which is just 5 minutes distance from the college.
Does the institute have a transport facility?
No, the institute does not offer the transport facility. As it is at a prime location and is very well connected with public transportation.
Does the institute have Hostel facility?
TIPS has tie up with hostels working in the vicinity to facilitate the students.
are the different recreational facilities available to the students for their holistic growth?
At TIPS we strive for a balance between academics and overall development of the students. The management of the institute promotes holistic development and believes in having a decentralized approach.
The institute has various committees, clubs run and managed by students like Dance Society, Theatre Club, Music, Literary Club, e-Udyami for Recreational Rooms, indoor Sports Facility, facilities for extra-curricular activities such Dancing, Singing, Creative Arts, Literary Activities, etc. Apart from these, celebration of Fresher's Party, Farewell, Annual Day, Sports Meet, Festivals and many more for the holistic development of the students.
Do we have student’s societies’/clubs in TIPS?
Co-curricular activities form an important part of any student’s college life. Such opportunities help students develop important skills like Leadership, event management, team–building etc. In order to provide ample opportunities to show-case their talent, there are student clubs and societies that are functional and are entirely managed by the students. These Societies have now established a name in GGSIPU university colleges and regularly win prizes in events like University Annual Fest, BITS Pilani Fest and Annual events organized by universities like Delhi University, IITs etc.
- Elysian- Elysian has been the official music society since 2015. They have been winning at events organized at Bits Pilani, Anugoonj and many more.
- Zorks - Zorks is the official dance society of TIPS. Zorks has made a hat trick by winning the DCAC from 2013 to 2015. Zorks was invited as a guest performer at various places like NAAC, Football Tournament, VMMC and many more.
- Fashion society- The Fashion Society of TIPS pro-actively participates in fashion show competitions. It has won many laurels by showcasing creativity and keeping up with the latest trends.
- Shaurya- the Theater Society of Trinity Institute of Professional Studies* was an initiative of the 2010-2013 batch. As of today, Shaurya has given 600+ performances, including competitive events as well as public performances throughout Delhi NCR and its neighboring cities.
- NSS/ NCC/ Sports – Institute has also initiated various activities under NSS/NCC/Sports to inculcate social responsibility and fitness regime among the students.
- Clean-Green Environment -At TIPS we make all efforts to provide a pollution free environment inside the camps. In addition to air conditioning, variety of air purifying plants is placed inside all classrooms. The institute has solar panels installed on the rooftop.
- Legal Aid Cell - The law Department of the institute has a pro-active legal aid cell which promotes legal awareness through creative mediums such as street plays. The students of the cell are also certified Para-legal volunteers, equipped to provide free legal aid to the under privileged.
- Sevarth & Bharat Vikas Parishad, Vivekananda Branch - The Faculty members and students of the institute are proactive for instilling good moral values in students. The institute has established Sevarth, the social welfare society of TIPS and collaborated with Vivekananda Branch of Bharat Vikas Parishad- an NGO having pan-India presence. SEVARTH has recently played a significant role in spreading public awareness in regard to COVID-19 pandemic.
- Sainath Trust NGO- The management of the institute has also initiated an NGO to serve the society. The NGO is continuing to fight a relentless battle to eradicate extreme hunger. Also medical aid is provided to the needy. Various medical camps are organized every year.
- Adopting Villages -The institute has also adopted ‘Pochanpur’, a village. This is a significant step which provides an opportunity to the faculty as well as students to get sensitized and understand the problems and social dynamics that exist at the grass root level.
What are annual events of TIPS?
Annually Trinity Institute of Professional Studies organizes
- Transduction (Fresher’s Party)
- Orientation, conference, workshop, seminar,
- Guest lectures, alumni interactions,
- Alumni Meet,
- IT Fest (Tech Samaroh),
- Sports Meet (TIPS Kreeda 2020), Khel Utsav,
- El-Veda (Farewell), Natparna (Nukad Natak),
- Unmad (Cultural Fest)
- Photography Exhibition and
- Numerous in-house activities like debate, quiz, collage competition, presentations, etc. for the overall grooming of the students.
- Excursion Trips
- Industrial visits are a regular part of the academic activities.
- TIPS conduct FDP’s for the faculty members to keep them upgraded with the latest technologies and trends.
Do we have Excursion Trips?
Yes, every year the institute organizes educational cum excursion trip for fun-frolics and learning during the trips. Students have enjoyed and explored numerous such trips in the recent past at Manali, Shimla, Dharamshala, Udaipur, Mount Abu, Jim Corbett, etc.
Does the institute provide funds for organizing activities?
Yes, the institute does provide funds after reviewing the proposal given by the student cell.
Does the college provide incentives and support to the winners/participants for various co-curricular extracurricular activities?
Yes, the institute provides incentives and support based on the policy in place.
Does the institute have a separate infrastructure of BALLB?
Yes, three floors have been exclusively allocated for the Law Department (6th to 8th). The Department of Law is equipped with state of the art infrastructure including ICT enabled classrooms, moot the court, a separate library with e-journal access, an activity room to facilitate debate, separate recreational room for boys & Girls, discussion and a Legal Aid Clinic exclusively for law students.
Do TIPS has a separate infrastructure for BAJMC?
Trinity Institute of Professional Studies, Journalism and Mass communication infrastructure meets competitive and international standards of an institute catering to media aspirants. The facilities and equipment on offer are:
- A Video Production Lab/ Studio equipped with multi-camera setup, teleprompter, news room set and a dozen studio lights.
- A production control room (PCR) that allows students to do live interviews/ programs and news bulletins through audio and video consoles.
- A Post Production Lab armed with 15 iMac machines loaded with Final Cut Pro (FCP), and an assemblage of relevant soft ware’s for the editing process.
- A Radio Lab with the facility of live broadcasting and recording various radio programs through top notch microphones and relevant audio editing software.
- Multiple computer labs equipped with more than 60 systems, for the lessons and training of different aspects of print journalism through relevant software’s like Adobe Photoshop, Corel Draw and QuarkXPress.
When can I visit the campus?
Yes, you can visit the campus on any working day from 10:00 A.M to 5:00 P.M
How can I get regular updates about the institute/college?
You can visit our website for all details, highlights, our best practices, placements, societies, events, notices, etc. We are available and reachable on all popular Social Media Networks like- FB, Insta, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, etc.